After a car accident there are a million things that run through your mind. Not everyone thinks of an attorney as soon as it happens. It is important to meet with an attorney quickly. Skeeters, Bennett, Wilson & Humphrey has years of experience helping individuals and families in our community after they have experienced personal injury accidents.
There are many documents that your attorney will ultimately need from you as your case progresses. Here is a partial list of things that will need to be collected. Many if not all these documents our office will collect on your behalf. If, however, you have them in your possession at the time of your appointment, bring them with you.
- Medical Records, to include hospital discharge, x-rays, doctor’s reports, Medicaid/Medicare card (if applicable) etc..
- Any schedule of doctor appointment follow ups and continued care plans.
- Medical Bills, Receipts and Paystubs for costs you have incurred because of the accident and to show your income if you have been out of work because of the accident.
- Police Reports.
- Photographs of the accident, injuries and vehicles.
- Repair estimates
- Insurance Information for anyone and everyone involved.
- Any letters or information received from insurance companies and adjusters as well as claim numbers.
- Witness Reports and Information.
- Your own Timeline of events from the accident.